Basic research: Investigation of diverse molecules that could play a role in establishing and maintenance of pregnancy (originating from fetus, mother, or environment) influencing trophoblast cell migration and invasion in culture. The on-going research project is: “Trophoblast and extra embryonic fetal cells: plasticity, differentiation factors and in vitro modulation of functional characteristics” (MESTD RS project number 173004).
Applied research developed from the basic, in cooperation with other departments at INEP, focused on investigation, formulation, and preparation of in vitro diagnostic kits or services intended for determination of analytes of interest for human reproduction.
Public health service is part of the activity within the Laboratory for Medical Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunodiagnostics at INEP. Laboratory investigations are focused on determination of analytes of interest for human reproduction.
Continuous and advanced training: INEP, as a member of the University of Belgrade, is involved in laboratory training of students from the Faculty of Chemistry as well as visiting students coming from other countries as part of the students’ exchange program.
Researchers of this department participate in mentoring MA and PhD students of the Faculty of Biology, and Continuing Medical Education for health care providers.
During 2006-2009, this department participated in the FP6 EU project: “Health Improvement in Serbia through Reinforcement of Biomedical Science and Technology” (FP6-2005-INCO-WBC/SSA-3).
Reserchers of the department currently participate in COST action CA16113: CliniMARK: good biomarker practice to increase the number of clinically validated biomarkers (2017-2021).
Reserchers of the department are with international research teams active in applying for EU funding of research.
1. Ljiljana Vićovac Panić, PhD in Biology, Principal Research Fellow, Head of Department, Project leader, email@example.com
2. Milica Jovanović Krivokuća, PhD in Biology, Research Associate, firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Ivana Stefanoska, PhD in Biology, Research Associate, email@example.com
4. Danica Ćujić, PhD in Medical Sciences- Pharmacy, Research Associate, firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Ivana Aćimović, PhD in Biomedical Sciences, Research Assistant, email@example.com
6. Aleksandra Vilotić, BS in Biology, Research Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org